Base Salary: $80,000 – $110,000
Job Type: Full-Time/Exempt
At Poznecki-Camarillo (PCI), we’re always looking for vibrant talent to join our team. Take the next step in your career and join our Public Involvement Department! We seek a highly organized, motivated, proactive, and solutions-oriented individual who excels in a dynamic environment. This role provides a hands-on opportunity to work alongside experienced communications professionals, gaining valuable insights into the multifaceted world of public involvement. If you want to continue to grow and expand your career in communications and outreach, apply for a position!
Since our founding in 1981, PCI’s mission is to partner with our clients by providing diverse civil consulting services that deliver insightful solutions while staying true to our core values of personal attention, integrity, accountability, and quality. Our Public Involvement Department focuses on the communications and outreach side of the development process for transportation projects. We have expertise in communication strategy, community outreach, public relations, technical writing, virtual engagement, event management, and graphic design. At PCI, we know communities make projects better; come help us facilitate this important process! Our clients include the Texas Department of Transportation, VIA Metropolitan Transit, the City of San Antonio, and the San Antonio International Airport.
Poznecki-Camarillo is looking for a Sr. Public Involvement Specialist with experience managing outreach and engagement efforts for a wide range of public sector clients.
- The Sr. Public Involvement Specialist will work under limited supervision and will be responsible for producing quality deliverables on time, within budget, and within scope.
- The individual will be working with the larger team and be responsible for designing, shaping, and executing engaging public meetings, workshops, and hearings, as well as efforts to reach a variety of external audiences by using different approaches and mediums.
- This position will represent clients with a wide variety of community groups and provide support for various community-related activities.
- This position can be hybrid or remote within the state of Texas, depending on the individual’s level of experience. Poznecki-Camarillo has offices in San Antonio and Georgetown.
- Serve as the task lead on moderate to complex public involvement engagements and assignments, including managing work plans, budgets, scopes, and production calendars
- Plan, coordinate, and implement public involvement activities and outreach for transportation and planning projects, such as public meetings, public hearings, workshops, information sessions, and other special events
- Develop and manage project communication plans to include the identification of audiences/stakeholders, objectives, challenges and issues, communication methods, timing, progress, and metrics
- Develop strategic and proactive communication plans to promote transparency and community engagement
- Proactively seek opportunities to strengthen awareness to keep communities, businesses, and other interested parties engaged and informed
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients and partners on matters related to the dissemination of information to the public and media
- Provides guidance and leadership to enhance organizational branding and messaging
- Make recommendations and implements communication methods that enhance input and understanding of and/or to address public concerns about client projects
- Serve as content writer for the client including printed material, websites, newsletters, press releases, and social media
- Support the creation of public-friendly graphics
- Research, develop, and implement innovative public involvement techniques.
- Prepare concise and accurate responses to public and media inquiries
- Manage related third-party vendor relationships
- Monitor and respond to information requests in a timely manner
- Work in a team environment with internal and external engineers and planners.
- Travel across Texas as needed for client-related events such as public meetings
- Perform other duties as necessary
Bachelor’s degree in English, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Business, or related field. Six years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of education requirement.
- 6+ years of experience in managing and overseeing public involvement and community outreach projects
- Excellent portfolio with proven track record of successful project/task management examples
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to translate complex technical information and concepts into an easy-to-understand format for the general public
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Strong sense of time management and ability to prioritize and manage tasks on concurrent assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Incredible attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office
- Working knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, MS Publisher, and/or other graphic design and publishing software
- Must be flexible to changes in work assignments on short notice and/or on a daily basis as changes occur in project needs
- Ability to contribute to a positive team environment
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with people in various roles with different leadership styles across all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle multiple, high priority tasks under strict deadlines
- Ability to travel across Texas for client-related events such as public meetings (occasionally required)
- Flexibility to work after normal work hours, evenings, and/or on weekends (occasionally required)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- 5+ years experience managing public involvement projects for state and/or local governments
- Experience with transportation and civil infrastructure projects
- Video-editing skills
- Website design, content production, and development skills
- Experience with survey tools and bulk email platforms such as Social Pinpoint, Survey Monkey, Mailchimp, Microsoft Forms and Google Forms
- Competitive salary (compensation commensurate with experience)
- Bonus/profit sharing participation
- Paid Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability
- 401(k) matching
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Hybrid work schedule
**Higher qualifications may merit a higher salary.
Working conditions are primarily in a mixed office and home-based setting with occasional requirements to travel in your vehicle or a rented vehicle to client-related activities such as public meetings.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Poznecki-Camarillo is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age disability, workers’ compensation status, military service, creed, belief, or political affiliation.